With a spring event season stretching from January all the way through to June, there’s a lot to see and do in Charleston, SC. Visitors flock to the area from around the world, not only to experience these top tier events for themselves, but to experience them in the unparalleled setting that is uniquely the Holy City. This historic city makes for a unique backdrop with its deep history, breathtaking and diverse architecture, and seemingly endless southern charm. Though the festivals draw crowds to the city, it’s the city itself that keeps them coming back year after year. Here are some of Charleston’s top festivals – so mark you calendar now!
- Charleston Restaurant Week – A week of discounted dining at some of the areas top restaurants, from local favorites to acclaimed high-end restaurants. – January 11-21, 2024 Stay in the heart of everything at King St. Commons.
- Taste of Folly An exhibition of the diverse culinary fare found on Folly Beach SC. You can even cheer on your favorite server in the “Server Olympics.” – Jan 19-20 Stay beachfront at The View or The Vista and walk to the festivities!
- Lowcountry Oyster Festival Named among the “top 20 events in the Southeast” with highlights including the “Oyster Shucking” & “Oyster Eating” contests, live music, and a variety of local favorite restaurants that bring food trucks and pop-up eateries. Guaranteed to be a shucking good time! – February 4, 2024 Stay at Palmetto Loft and experience downtown living just across the bridge from Mount Pleasant and Boone Hall Plantation.
- Charleston Wine + Food Festival A non-profit event, attendees include local and international chefs, farmers, beverage professionals, artists and experts serving up dazzling, inspiring cuisine, now held in the breathtaking Riverfront Park overlooking the Cooper River – March 6-10, 2024 Stay at Sullivan’s Nest and enjoy a chance to spend your getaway enjoying lowcountry cuisine plus the nearby beaches of Sullivan’s Island
- Blessing of the Fleet & Seafood Festival This unique event celebrates Mount Pleasant’s local fishing and shrimping industries. With a parade of boats, ceremonial blessing of the fleet, live music, art exhibition, and more this is an event for the whole family. – Apr 28
For Athletes & Sports Fans
- Kids Run & Wonderfest – Heading to Charleston for the Cooper River Bridge Run and bringing the family along? This family friendly pre-race festival includes face-painting, petting zoo, doggie fashion show, jump castles, live music and MORE! Sure to be fun for kiddos of all ages. – Apr 6
- Cooper River Bridge Run The race is on! Run, jog, or walk your way across the iconic Arthur J Ravenel bridge. Celebrate your hard work at the post-race party in Marion Square. – Apr 6, 2024 Stay at Casabalza and you’ll find a comfortable place to relax and lace up your shoes just down the street from the starting line.
- Credit One Charleston Open of the nations largest women-only tennis tournaments, it draws professional tennis players and sports fans from around the world to Charleston’s Daniel Island. – Mar 30 – Apr 7, 2024 Stay at Sawyer’s Landing where you’ll be close to the tennis action and still enjoy the beaches of Sullivan’s Island after the competition on the courts winds down.
For Wildlife Enthusiasts
- Southeastern Wildlife Exposition (SEWE) With 500+ artists, exhibitors, and wildlife experts drawing more than 40,000 attendees to the area, this is one of Charleston’s TOP events each year. Sporting dog demos, birds of prey demos, and culinary demos are among the main attractions. – Feb 16-18 Stay nearby at Park’s Edge and walk to the events held at Marion Square.
For History Buffs
- Charleston International Antiques Show A showcase of 17th to mid–century modern English, European, and American period furnishings, fine art on display, architectural elements, garden furniture, vintage jewelry, silver and more. – Mar 16-18
- Festival of Houses & Gardens Your chance to step inside some of the city’s charming private homes and spectacular gardens. Luncheons, musical performances, and lowcountry lifestyle events included. – Mar 15-Apr 21 Stay in the historic French Quarter at Maison Des Fleurs, just steps from many of the featured homes and Charleston’s famed harbor.
For Arts Lovers
- Piccolo Spoleto A whirlwind 500 event in 17 days showcasing performing, literary, and visual arts featuring local and regional artists from the Southeast. – May 24 – Jun 9 2024
- Spoleto Festival USA Internationally recognized as America’s premier performing arts festival, Charleston hosts renowned and emerging artists in the performing, literary, and visual arts spaces. – May 22-Jun 9 2024 Bring your friends for all the fun and stay at The Coach House.
Stay in Luxury
Plan a trip to Charleston, SC where you can spend time on the water, plus discover its historic charm, cultural richness, and coastal beauty. With its historic downtown, captivating museums, warm, year round weather, and inviting beaches, Charleston beckons travelers to experience the very best of the South Carolina lowcountry. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, an art lover, or simply seeking relaxation by the sea, book a stay at any of our luxury vacation homes in the heart of Downtown Charleston or on Folly Beach, Isle of Palms or Sullivan’s Island and be that much closer to having your toes in the sand. With our portfolio of luxury vacation rentals centrally located near all of your favorite festivals and events, we’ve got your perfect place to stay. Plus, the team at Luxury Simplified Retreats goes above and beyond to offer guests an outstanding experience with beautiful beach rentals and unparalleled concierge services. Browse our Experience Packages to consider making your trip especially unique, then sit back, relax, and leave all of the planning to us.