or give us a call at843-793-1122
A Message Regarding Covid-19
In response to the dynamic coronavirus (COVID-19), Luxury Simplified Retreats is taking heightened measures to ensure your health and safety and we remain fully committed to providing our guests with clean, safe environments.
WHAT WE’RE DOING TO PROTECT YOUR HEALTH:
- We have worked to ensure that our housekeeping staff is using disinfectants that are EPA registered as “approved as effective against the coronavirus,” including Sodium Hypochlorite. We are working closely with our suppliers to stay fully-stocked on these approved disinfectants, as well as sanitizers and equipment that they will need to follow the guidelines for heightened cleaning protocols.
Additionally, we recognize the importance of providing you with real time facts affecting your travel in this time of uncertainty, and answers to your questions to ensure that your health and safety are our top priority.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Luxury Simplified Retreats doing to prevent the spread of Coronavirus?
At Luxury Simplified Retreats the health of our guests, homeowners, employees, and community is our number one priority. We are taking heightened measures to protect against the spread of COVID-19:
- updated housekeeping standards and practices
- modified operations to allow sufficient time to clean and disinfect effectively
- updated maintenance policies
- The use to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when entering all properties
- working with state and local health officials to ensure proper practices
How long can the virus remain viable on fabric and other surfaces?
Most virus experts believe that the absorbent, natural fibers in materials such as fabrics, cause the virus to deteriorate faster than it does on hard surfaces. In a 2005 study of a similar virus to COVID-19, researchers observed rapid loss of infectivity on paper and cotton. Depending on the concentration of virus on various surfaces, the virus could become inactive on cotton fabrics or paper in as little as five minutes to three hours.
Can the virus spread through the air?
It can, however according to the World Health Organization, if an infected person coughs or sneezes propelling particles into the air, “those droplets are too heavy to hang in the air. They quickly fall on floors or surfaces.” According to Linsey Marr, an aerosol scientist at Virginia Tech, “A droplet that is small enough to float in the air for a while also is unlikely to deposit on clothing because of aerodynamics…The droplets are small enough that they’ll move in the air around your body and clothing.” Additionally, studies show that most of the small particles that can float in the air, don’t float for longer than 30 minutes.
Can pets serve as a carrier in the spread of COVID-19?
Because your pet’s hair is porous and also fibrous, it is very unlikely that you would contract COVID-19 by petting or playing with your pet. However, because animals can spread other diseases to people and people can also spread diseases to animals, it’s always a good idea to wash your hands before and after interacting with animals; ensure your pet is kept well- groomed; and regularly clean your pet’s food and water bowls, bedding material, and toys.
What cleaning measures is Luxury Simplified Retreats taking to ensure the safety of guests?
Our professional cleaning teams have deployed enhanced cleaning procedures that are in-line with the World Health Organization, the CDC, and the South Carolina Department for Health and Environmental Control.
- Before they begin their cleaning process, all housekeepers are washing their hands before putting on disposable PPE. After the team completes a property cleaning, they are immediately discarding the used PPE, thoroughly washing their hands, and donning new PPE between each property
- Housekeeping staff is using disinfectants that are EPA-registered as “approved for use against COVID-19”. We’re working closely with our suppliers to stay fully stocked on these approved disinfectants.
- Cleaning protocol includes thoroughly disinfecting all hard surfaces, spending extra time focusing efforts on cleaning and disinfecting “high-touch” contact points such as doorknobs, locks, thermostats, fan pulls, light switches, stair railings, remotes, wardrobe and cabinet handles, toilets, etc
- All bedding and towels are commercially laundered at high temperatures, using disinfectants.
You can rest assured that hygiene and cleanliness remain our top priority throughout every facet of our operation.
What cleaning products are Luxury Simplified Retreats using to protect guests against COVID-19?
Our housekeeping staff are using disinfectants that are EPA-registered as “approved for use against COVID-19”. The EPA has advised that the key to effective disinfection is closely following the manufacturer’s instructions for application, ensuring proper application method, concentration, and surface contact time. Our staff is well-versed and have been re-trained on the proper application processes.
Can guests check-in and checkout without interacting with LSR team members?
Absolutely. All of our properties have keyless entry locks, allowing for a zero-interaction check-in process. We’ll send you a unique access code on the day of your arrival. If you have any questions about directions or access to the property, your concierge will be ready and waiting to assist you by phone.
Does Luxury Simplified Retreats have a flexible cancellation policy in case we need to cancel or reschedule our trip?
Yes, we have temporarily adjusted our cancellation policy to allow for flexibility to help you make the right decisions regarding travel at this time. Our flexible cancellation policy is detailed below under “Changes to Our Cancellation Policy.”
Is Luxury Simplified Retreats still offering concierge services?
Yes! Our concierge team is ready to make your stay with LSR both seamless and enjoyable. If desired, in order to minimize contact with others, let us do your grocery shopping for you before your arrival. We will happily stock the refrigerator, have bikes or family games delivered, arrange additional cleaning services during your stay or arrange airport pickup. Our team is here to make your stay as fun and relaxing as possible.
WHAT LUXURY SIMPLIFIED RETREAT’S GUESTS CAN DO:
- With this virus being so unpredictable, we highly recommend purchasing a cancel-for-any-reason Trip Cancellation Protection policy.
- Follow CDC guidelines such as social distancing and washing your hands.
CHANGES TO OUR CANCELLATION POLICY:
We are temporarily adjusting our cancellation policy to allow for flexibility to help you make the right decisions regarding travel at this time.
CANCELLATION POLICY AS OF MAY, 15, 2020:
ARRIVALS MAY 15TH – DECEMBER 31, 2020
- Cancellation requests made more than 30 days from the date of arrival will receive a full refund, less a $75.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation requests made within 30 days of arrival, but no less than 15 days of arrival, will receive a 100% travel credit to be used no later than 1-year from the check-in date of your original stay.
- Cancellation requests made within 15 days of arrival are not subject to a refund or travel credit.
ARRIVALS BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2021:
- Our standard cancellation policy remains in effect for all reservations arriving with check-in dates beginning January 1, 2021.
NOTE: We are working diligently with each of our guests to find an appropriate solution for scheduled bookings that fall inside of our 30-day cancellation window, and to quickly help get travel rescheduled without experiencing any loss.
Contact us anytime directly by phone at 843.793.1122, or email email@example.com.
We’re here to help.